Friday, April 8, 2011

Sick Little Girls

As always, I'm overdue with a post.

And right about now (or should I say a week ago) I'm ready to kick myself. For the past month or two I've been reading on Facebook about how the flu, or a cold, or some bug has been going around. And as I've been reading these things I've been thinking how lucky we've been that none of us has been sick in almost a year.

Emma hasn't had anything since last May when she got that hand foot and mouth disease. So gross and so random. Samantha has never been sick. Justin's been pretty good at not getting anything. And me, I never get sick.

Last week, I got sick.

First came the burning chest, then the stuffy sinus junk. And finally I'm feeling better. Not one hundred percent, but better.

I tried my hardest to not get anyone sick. Especially the girls. But it's hard when Emma's constantly touching me then biting her nails, a lovely habit I've passed on to her.

It's even more difficult to prevent Samantha from getting it. She loves touching my face, sticking her thumb up my nose, or clawing at my mouth. In addition to all that, she loves nuzzling her little sweet face in my hoodies or on my lap. All things consumed with germs.

It was a given. The girls were going to get sick. I set myself up. I spoke too soon. I jinxed us.

Tuesday Emma was trying to "pick" the runny/stuffy boogies from her nose (another lovely habit).

By Wednesday, Samantha was up at 7:30am and then fell asleep on me an hour later. Then continued to sleep on me for the remainder of the day. Emma had developed a gross cough and could barely catch her breath. Did I mention Samantha was also up every hour Wednesday night/Thursday morning?

By Thursday Justin was sick.

By Friday morning (today) I was back to doctor (we went for a well visit on Monday) with my three ring circus. Emma has an ear infection and REFUSES to take her medicine. Something I should have never let her know about and just hid in her drinks.

Let's just say, I'm a bit exhausted. Thank goodness I'm getting over it and not as sick as they are.

But I love them so much and realized how much they need their Mommy (and wife) to take care of them. And you know I'd do anything for them. :)


Sick baby one complete with popsicle stick and newly trimmed bangs.
Sick baby two: on her 10th popsicle I'm sure and enjoying Toy Story 3 for the 100th time in 3 days.
At least she's happy.
Giving me the stare down...learned from big sis I'm sure.
Oh, there's that face! Practicing the stare down herself. :)
Aside from Emma's ear infection...I think their colds are on the mend. Hopefully things look better next week and maybe we can get some spring weather already!

0 comments: