Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I Love Santa Claus!




So today I decided to take Emma to go see Santa. Over the last month or so, I've been talking about Santa alot. We have a stuffed Santa at home from the movie The Polar Express. Whenever I would say, "Where's Santa? Go give Santa a hug." Emma would go find the stuffed Santa and hug and rock him. It's really sweet. However, this doesn't necessarily mean she would like the real Santa.


Thankfully, Emma loves everyone. She isn't scared of strangers (let's hope she outgrows this) and will let anyone hold her and play with her. So I figured she'd be fine sitting on Santa's lap, but what happened today was alot more surprising!


While we were waiting, I was pointing at Santa and talking about all the decorations. Emma was interested in everything. As soon as I sat Emma down on Santa's lap, she was all smiles! She was giggling and letting out little squeals! She would look at me with this smile that said, "Look at me! I'm hanging out with Santa!" She would look at Santa and then at me and make these sweet sounds. It was really really cute! I'm so glad she loved him! I think it was a combination of Santa and having all these people look at her and give her attention....like she doesn't get enough already!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome shots! I'm glad she wasn't scared. Very brave little Emma!

Jay and Emily said...

She is such a joy to all around her. He is beautiful inside and out. Thank you so much for coming over last night. It was wonderful to see you all and we had so much fun catching up.

I could eat Emma up and miss her already!

Emily