Brittany is my girlfriend from high school. I met her when we were both trying out for cheerleading as freshman. I thought she looked just like Punky Brewster. We both made JV and instantly became friends. We cheered together through high school and I was always at her house hanging with her and her family. Her mom was also our coach for a few years, so I got to know her family really well.
Brittany moved to Indiana after high school because her family moved there a year earlier. So although we've visited with each other here and there, it had a been awhile since I'd seen her. So I really wanted to make the trip down for her shower. She's due with a boy, Ryker, the second week of September. She looked great!
About the trip...Emma was great in the car! A little fussing, but overall great! She slept a bit on the way there and the way back. What I always seem to forget is how nonstop she is when we are at a party! She never sits! Not to eat, not to drink, not to play with other kids. She just goes from one thing to the next. I don't know how I manage to always block that out of my mind. So needless to say, I didn't get to visit a whole bunch while I was there, but then again, everyone was busy with their little ones.
The shower was at Brittany's mother in laws house and it was beautiful. They had cows, a trampoline, a lake. It was something! Emma had a blast! I even got to meet my 2nd cousin's little girl Brooklyn (I guess Emma's 3rd cousin) who just turned one in June. I guess I should mention that I became friends with another girl in high school, Kate, who we later found out was my 2nd cousin. We cheered throughout high school together as well. Kate was there and her sister Lauren came, who is Brooklyn's mom.
Anyway, here's some pictures from the day! We had alot of fun!
Brittany and her sisters Natalie (left) and Kasey










0 comments:
Post a Comment