Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nausea and One Picky Little Girl!

A little pregnancy update: the nausea has officially hit! I have to admit, I'm not all that surprised. Although they say, and I agree, that not all pregnancies are the same, I was indeed nauseous with Emma around this time and it only lasted a few weeks. Nonetheless, it still sucks. Smells, the thought of certain foods, make me want to throw up. Hopefully I never do...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I am craving fresh fruit and vegetables, bland (very bland) foods, water, cottage cheese, plain potato chips and unfortunately pop (even if it's just a little bit). I'm just about sick of eating saltines!


Other than that...I'm feeling good. I had an appointment Tuesday and they changed my due date to June 7th (just a day later).


On another front, today I ventured out and went shopping with Emma. I needed to find her a fall/winter jacket. I've come to the conclusion that not only is my daughter extremely picky when it comes to food, but also with clothes. She doesn't like cuffs on her shirt sleeves (god forbid if you try to roll them up when she's eating!), jeans (too restricting for her when she's climbing), turtlenecks, or puffy jackets.


I know kids have their fair share of aversions to certain clothing. My sister and I had quite a few. For example, we both insisted we wear our underwear OVER our tights or nylons because we hated the bunchy feel of it underneath them. We cut or ripped our every tag in our clothes (along with shoulder pads, remember those?). We hated itchy dresses. We wore socks with our tights. Carrie couldn't stand the seam of her sock when she put her shoes on. And we weren't a fan of being dressed alike, much to the dismay of our mom (sorry Mom).


Back to Emma and the puffy jackets, we must of tried on a dozen puffy jackets, all the while Emma shouts "No, no, no!" (she just learned how to say "no" correctly instead of "ow" or "oh"). She doesn't like that she can't move in them or that the zipper hits under her chin. She despises them! So we tried on some other types of jackets and I think we found a winner. Found this at target and she looks sweet (and more importantly comfortable) in it. I love the black and white polka dot lining inside the hood.



However, it doesn't change the fact that she's still going to need some sort of snowsuit for winter when she wants to play in the snow. She didn't last year and I know she'll love it. I found one online at babyGap, however it's pretty pricey considering she's going to grow out if it very quickly.



I may still try TJMax or Marshall's and see what I can find there for a snowsuit.


Anyone see anything similar that's not too pricey?

1 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE the red coat from Target Heather. She will look so cute! I will have to post pics of the one I got Addie from Gap. Speaking of Gap, I bought Addie's snowpants from there this year (to go with a puffy coat she already has) and they are great. I think Gap has a promotion going on right now too that gets you like $20 off your order or something. I will look into it for you :-)