Friday, November 20, 2009

Belly Pictures and The First Ultrasound

When I was pregnant with Emma, I made sure I had Justin take a belly picture of me every 4 weeks. However, I've slacked a bit with this pregnancy. Here are the few I have taken.

At 5 weeks...feeling a little thicker

And yesterday, at nearly 12 weeks



My belly has suddenly popped!


Yesterday we also had our first ultrasound. I was really anxious to see the baby move and hear his or her heartbeat. I originally was not going to bring Emma to the ultrasound, but because it was on a Friday, I didn't really have anyone to watch her. AND it was the nurse who suggested I just bring her in her stroller and she'll be fine as long as she's not running all over. Sounded good to me.

I know in past doctor's visits of mine that Emma gets pretty hysterical as soon as I get on the table. She just gets so worked up that something bad is going to happen to me. But, she usually calms down after a little while. However, what I forgot about an ultrasound, is that the lights go out too. So you can only imagine how loud she was screaming and crying in this tiny room. I know everyone heard her. So Justin took her in the waiting room and unfortunately he missed the entire thing. I was pretty bummed for him. :( I know he was looking forward to seeing the baby move as much as I was.

But other than Emma being a monster, everything went great! As soon as the baby showed up on the screen, he or she was standing on it's head (just like Emma was at her first ultrasound!). After getting him or her in a normal position, the nurse looked at everything and said the baby was measuring right on track and everything looked healthy. The baby's heartbeat was around 161, nice and strong. She even got some great pictures of the baby and 3D ones as well!


Here he or she is...standing on it's head!
You can even see the cord going from the baby to me.

Another little gymnast possibly?
(Jay, our cousin, says he thinks he sees a little penis? Maybe...)

A profile shot of the baby

A 3D picture...my favorite!
The baby is curled up on it's tummy. I love it's tiny little butt!

Another 3D shot...looks like a little gummy bear!

Well, there won't be another ultrasound until after Christmas, when I'm around 20 weeks. That's when we find out the sex of the baby and the suspense is killing me!! Then I can get started on Emma's big girl room and the baby's room, if it's a boy. I will be sure that Emma will NOT be attending that one! :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Your little belly is SO CUTE!!! You are definitely popping! And I love all the ultrasound pics, especially 3D. It makes it all so much more real doesn't it? So glad you had a good appointment (other than Emma getting antsy :-) Now keep the belly pics coming!!!!

Kelly said...

You are looking so cute! Love the basement area as well. Very nice!!!