Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Samantha's 6 months today!

Samantha at 6 months!!

So happy!


Today as I was updating Samantha's baby book to record her 6 month stats and milestones I decided to take a glance at Emma's book at this age. I was surprised!

I knew Emma was early at doing things, but I couldn't believe the things Emma was doing at this age that Samantha is completely uninterested in.

Emma was rolling over both ways, turning herself around on her tummy, sitting up unassisted, saying 'Da-da', and rocking on her hands and knees.

Samantha is just happy being on her back kicking her feet around, wiggling, and eating her toes. :) Any time I put her on her tummy, she leans her big head to the side and rolls over. Such a stinker!

Also, Emma ate whatever I gave her starting at 4 months. Samantha has denied all baby food. Cereal, fruit, vegetables...she prefers breastmilk only. So at 5 months, I decided to give it a rest because she would get sooo mad about it.

Oh well. I know she'll get there in time.

Here's how the doctor's visit went:

-95th% for height at 27 1/4 inches long
-50-75th% for weight at 16.8lbs
-75% for her head at 17 inches

The doctor said not to worry about her not eating baby food yet. I just have to work with her on it and in the meantime start an iron supplement for her along with the baby vitamins she's already taking.

I explained to the doctor how Samantha has yet to consistently roll from her back to her tummy because she's not a fan of her tummy time. He said it's okay, just her personal preferences.

Overall it went really well. She's super happy right now, so hopefully that continues throughout the rest of the day!

0 comments: