Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Crazy Busy Weekend!

So tonight is the first night I feel like I've gotten a chance to catch up on things. These past few days have been very busy for us.
First, Jessica came in and got to visit with us and Emma on Thursday. It took about 2 seconds for Emma to warm up and then start showing off her sweet dancing skills...even without music. She also received a cool gift from Auntie Jessie...a dancing and rapping frog from Arizona. Emma loves it!

Friday I spent most of the day cleaning our garage for our block party on Saturday. It was a nice excuse to clean the garage, but it took forever! Then Jessica and Justin's parents came over and we went out to eat. Emma had a ball dipping my straw in my water and putting the straw in her mouth for a drink...just like Daddy does with slurpees. :)
Saturday was our block party and of course I didn't take any pictures. I was too busy running around making sure things were going okay, but I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Emma had a blast playing with all the little kids!
Sunday was Father's Day and we headed over to the Walker's house for a family gathering so everyone could see Jessica. It was sooo hot!
Monday we decided to have a girly day so Jessica, Mom, me, Emma, Kristie (Justin's cousin) and her son Blake and little girl Brooklyn, Auntie Carol and a few others went swimming at Auntie Carol's pool. Emma had sooo much fun trying to jump off the edge of the pool into the water with me. However, she really just stepped in and dragged her other foot, but she loved it anyway! She also had alot of fun hanging out with Brooke. Brooke is 2 and Emma is 16 months and they are the same size! Actually I think Brooke is a little smaller! They were too cute when they were eating lunch together!







And today was my catch up day! I finally feel like I have some order in my house and things are back to normal. Now if this heat would go down a little bit! 92 tomorrow! Yuck!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh...the girls are SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!!! I love the one where they are sitting all casual at the table like they are talking about boys or something. So adorable, Seeing that makes me want to have another girl :-)

Heather said...

I know! They really were sweet together! I love that pic too...like two little ladies gossiping over some sandwiches!