Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Blake's Cidermill

Nothing reminds me of fall like Blake's Cidermill. My mom and dad always took us there as kids and I have such good memories there.
Like when my brothers and sister and I would crunch together among the crowd and watch all the machines take a bunch of apples and make them into cider.
Or how my siblings and I would race to see who could fill up their bag of apples first.
And the time my sister and I went into a haunted house, couldn't find our way out of it, so I ended up breaking open a door that was nailed shut. Yes, I did that. Then someone had to meet us in there to help us out, but ended up scaring us in the process.
Good times.
I haven't been to the cidermill in such a long time, so when my sister mentioned wanting to go, my mom suggested we all go one day. My mom, me, Emma, Carrie, and my brother's girlfriend Kali.
We had a ball! Emma loved picking apples, looking (not touching) the animals, telling us the animals "stink", running around in all the mazes, and of course riding the choo-choo train.
Us older kids though, enjoyed delicious cider, donuts, and caramel apples with minimal bees. :) Thank you windy, cool fall day! It's about time!
Checking out the ducks
Chickies!
Looking at the bunnies with Grandma
Watching the Storybook show
Chasing Auntie Carrie in the Corn Maze So BIG! Standing on the bails of hay.
Running in the hay maze! Catch me!
Trying out this tunnel...
Train ride! Choo! Choo!

And here's a little video of Emma chasing Auntie Carrie in the corn maze. Sorry, I taped it the wrong way. Oops!

0 comments: