Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Emma Dee Turns Two!

I can't believe that Emma is already 2 years old! It's amazing how fast time goes by now that we have kids. I can only imagine how much faster it will go when Samantha makes her appearance.

When I think back a year ago, I'm stunned at the milestones Emma has made. Especially communicating. We love the fact that we can have conversations with Emma now and can somewhat reason with her...when she's willing to at least. :)

Saturday we had Emma's party at our house. We invited about 50 people and everyone came! It was so nice to see that all these people love Emma and came for her. She's really very lucky to have such a great family.

For her party Emma wore my dress and slip that I wore when I was two that my mom had saved. Of course, it was a bit shorter on her, since she's so tall, but she LOVED spinning and jumping in it.

Our friend from Ohio and his little boy Gavin were able to make if for Emma's party and she had a blast playing with him. Here they are smiling for the camera. And just to point out how tall Emma is in comparison, Gavin turned 3 in October. She's huge!
Here she is cheesing it up for the camera by posing, jumping, and spinning.



Although we practiced and practiced blowing out pretend candles, she was very scared of the lit candles. Well that and I think everyone singing Happy Birthday to her. She had no problem though, eating tons of frosting!

Emma received so many generous gifts! She made it a little difficult getting through them all. She wanted to try every outfit on and open every toy. :)



And her godfather Uncle Tony and his girlfriend Kali bought her this pink Escalade power wheel! She loved it so much, that it was difficult getting her back in the house...even with it being freezing outside.
She finished off the night playing with her new things with Gavin and finally crashing from her sugar high around 10:30.
Thank you to everyone who either helped make something, cleaned up for me, or just came to be here with Emma on her special day. We really appreciate it!

Today for her real birthday we're keeping it pretty low key. Just us three, some birthday brownies (maybe she'll blow these candles out) and one gift. I got her a play doctor's kit in hopes of easing her mind about going to the doctor's, which she is deathly afraid of.

Happy 2nd Birthday my sweet little Emma! We love you so much!

1 comments:

Jen said...

What a little cutie pie!!! I love that she is wearing your dress. She looks so cute in it :-) Glad the party went well for you and I hope that Emma had a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
P.S. Your belly is adorable! You can hardly tell you are preggers!!