Last Sunday we got to pick up Emma's new bed because it came in a little earlier than expected. I was so excited and so was Emma! We also picked up her mattresses on the way home.
I wasn't planning on putting it together yet, but around 7pm that night, I was anxious. So Emma and I went upstairs and started to put it together. Justin came up too, to help me with the bedrails and Emma was hilarious. She sat next to Justin with her own little set of directions and studied the paper just like Daddy! I couldn't even get the mattresses set in the bed before Emma started pulling out her new bedding and began spreading it out on the bed saying, "Gotta put my new sheets on Mama!"
By the time the bed was put together, the bedding was on, and I had managed to vacuum up all the tiny styrofoam pieces, it was 10pm. And Emma was happily relaxing in her bed. We still had bathtime and I wasn't planning on letting her sleep in here yet, but she was insistent! So I hooked up her monitor in her new room, gated the doorway (just in case), she took a bath and happily climbed into bed.
How many times did I have to get up that night? None. She slept through the night without so much as a peep and has been doing just that every night since! Naptime is great too! In fact, she hasn't even climbed out of her bed once. I believe she thinks that once the bedrail is up, she can't get out. So when she wakes up, she just calls for us from her bed. It's great!
Although I'd like to find a hamper and still have a picture to hang, here is the finished product:




2 comments:
Heather- The room looks fabulous. I love the bedding and the pink/brown combo! It is so girly, but also a little chic! Emma does look like a little lady sleeping in her bed, how precious is that!
Great job on the room and the transition from crib to bed!
Oh my gosh Heather...Emma's room looks ADORABLE!!!!!! You did SUCH a fantastic job! I love every little detail. And how cute is she sleeping in her bed?!! You did an excellent job mama. Looks like you have things in order...now we just have to get Samantha here :-)
Post a Comment