Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas is Coming!

I cannot believe this little one is already 5 months old! It is going by too fast! She loves smiling for me...although she's a bit scared of a bunch of people at once. At our Halloween party, she didn't want anyone but Mommy or Daddy. :( I have a feeling she's not going to like Santa Claus like her sister has since she was a baby.

Terrible twos is a giant understatement. This girl is really going through something with her behavior and it is NOT any fun for Mommy or Daddy. Tantrums, talking back, horrible displays of behavior in public. Justin and I are doing everything to get a handle on this and we've come to one conclusion....she is spoiled. And I don't mean by toys and gifts (although that is part of it). It's mostly she's spoiled with attention. I know she's the first grandchild, great niece, child and all, but she's just used to be the focus of everything and getting her way and it's going to have to change....like yesterday. So although she can flip the switch from naughty to nice in a second....Justin and I are working on a new plan for this one. ASAP.

Now this little girl is very lazy. Or you may call it content. Either way, it's amazing how different two sisters can be. At five months Samantha has no interest in rolling over or tummy time. Thankfully I'm finally getting her to enjoy some time on her stomach and she's slowly inching her way around. I'm working on getting her to roll over and sit up in time for Christmas so she can play a little bit, but I know she will in her own time.

As far as eating, Samantha only wants breastmilk and that is all. She doesn't want anything to do with baby food: cereal, squash, even fruit. She just clamps her mouth shut, arches her back and throws a fit. I can't even get a spoon in! So, no use in forcing it. I'll try again at six months. She's growing like a weed anyways (pretty much in 9 month clothing) so I have no need to worry. She's happy!

And Emma loves her little sister. She's even starting to share her toys with her....and sometimes not, but we're working on it.

Monday, I'm putting up my Christmas decorations. I just can't wait anymore. Plus I love watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade next to our Christmas tree all lit up. And I couldn't resist getting these Pottery Barn stockings for the girls this year. I love that they have their own personalized stockings. Now we just need a boy one. :)


2 comments:

Jen said...

The girls are both ADORABLE Heather! I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages!!! I need to redo your blog again to include Samantha. E-mail me at adailydoseofdavis@gmail.com and include pictures you want on the header or sidebar. I can do something Christmasy if you want :-) I love the girls stockings. We all have Pottery Barn Kids stockings too and I LOVE them!!! And don't worry about Samantha. Blake didn't roll over until 4 months and he didn't crawl until 8 months. Every baby is different, but she looks SO BIG!! What a beauty!!! And Emma is in the same stage as Addie with behavior. If you and Justin work out a good plan, be sure to share it. Time-out has lost its luster around here :-)

Heather said...

Yes, timeouts and spankings have lost their luster here as well! Haha! I'm thinking of doing some kind of chart that with each time she misbehaves she has to cross off a square and if so many get crossed off, she'll lose something that's important to her. Like a favorite show or toy. It's in the works...

Thanks! Yes, Samantha is soooo long! She's just very content. :)

It has been awhile since we talked! Maybe this summer we could plan a trip to Chicago to meet up. The girls would have a blast.

I'm taking the girls to see Santa next Friday and I'm going to take some pics of them on Thanksgiving too, so I'll send you some photos next week. Thanks so much! A Christmasy look would be great!

P.S. Addie and Blake have gotten so big already! They are adorable!