Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Busy Weekend!



To say we had a busy weekend is a bit of an understatement. Auntie Jessica came in from Arizona on Friday for the weekend and came over to see Emma. It's been awhile since she's last seen her, so this was the first time she saw her sit on her own and crawl. Plus, Emma can be quite entertaining! She's extremely vocal and loves to bounce around. She likes to bounce in your lap when you hold her and she likes to "dance" when she's sitting. I have yet video tape it, but I need to. She's too funny!

On Saturday, Justin and I went to Cobo Hall with our fellow relay team members to pick up our information for the Detroit Free Press Marathon on Sunday. Emma enjoyed being pushed in her stroller. And because of all the noise, she loved screaming along with it.


On Sunday, Justin and I got up at 4am to go run in the marathon. Grandma Walker came over to watch Emma at 5am, which was really nice. I only ran 3 miles of the marathon for my part, which was just the right amount for me, but I didn't run until 10am, so it was a long morning. It was my first race and despite the lack of sleep, it was fun.


Although it wasn't part of our weekend, Grandma Dykas, Emma and I went to see Uncle Nick and Aunt Jenna's new puppy Zoey on Monday. She's really cute and gets really excited when she sees Emma. Emma gets excited too, but starts to grunt at Zoey if she gets to close. I think Emma thought it was one of her stuffed animals, because she really wanted to squeeze her!

1 comments:

Erika said...

Hey Heather,
Proud Aunt Jess forwarded the blog to me. I love the blog and Miss Emma is the most adorable little girl EVER!! You and Justin are doing such a great job! Hopefully I can meet her around the holidays!

Love,

Erika