Friday, September 9, 2011

A Little Boy to Complete Our Family

Today Justin and I were very excited to go the ultrasound for our 3rd and final little baby. We both guessed/hoped for a boy, but having two girls we really didn't think that a boy would be the outcome. We just figured we were destined to have girls.

As soon as the tech had the baby on the screen and was rolling her device over my belly, I started looking intently. Before even focusing on the area, I knew it was a boy. I know what a girl looks like and I didn't see any indication of that. It just looked different.

As soon as she scanned in on the area she said, "Well, I already know what it is. Do you know what you're having?" I said, "It's a boy, isn't it?" And she replied, "Yep."

Justin's response: "YESSSS!"

I could not stop smiling. I couldn't believe we were going to have a little boy in our family. This just made it complete. I know we said we were done at 3 for sure, but I was still kind of bummed not to have four, even with the two drama queens at home. But now having this little boy in our lives, I just feel at peace with my two girls and our little boy. It's perfect.

The tech checked out all of his anatomy and everything looks very normal. She said he did seem a little big, especially his belly, and estimated he was already about a pound. My doctor later followed up that his head measured big as well but I informed her that big heads ran on my husband's side of the family. :)

So I'm a bit nervous about having a big boy baby, but I know my doctors will be proactive in making sure he doesn't get too big for delivery.

We've decided his name will be Will Michael. The tech got some great shots of Will. We love him so much already!


Clearly a boy!
His profile, just like his sisters'
Looking at the camera
The back of his head, back, and butt
And 3D, sucking his hand.
Let the planning begin!!

0 comments: