Sunday, September 4, 2011

Preschool, Doctor's and Baby #3's Big Reveal!

I can't believe in two days Emma is going to be starting preschool! It's so crazy to think she's going to be in school from here on out. Where did the time go?

This past Tuesday I brought both Emma and Samantha to school for her Meet the Teacher Day. She got to check out the classroom, find her mailbox and cubby for her belongings, meet some of her classmates, and of course meet her teachers.

She did great! Although Emma was kind of quiet and taking everything in, she definitely felt comfortable enough to go up to one of her teachers and politely ask where the sand table was. I know she's ready.

Samantha, on the other hand, was not shy at all. As soon as she spotted the baby dolls, she wanted out of her umbrella stroller. Once I took her out, her face just lit up! She was "talking" and waving to all the kids and adults with this big smile on her face, as if to say, "Hey everyone! I'm here! Who wants to play?" She cracks me up.

Emma's teacher gathered the kids around the rug to talk to them for a minute before we left and Samantha took a seat next to her big sis as if she were part of the class.

I just love these two!

They were both so disappointed to leave. I'm taking that as a good sign for Emma. This will be her first time away from me and not with family. I know she'll love it and do great, but I have a feeling there are going to be a few tears when Justin and I take her on her first day.

I'm just hoping I'll be distracted enough with Samantha to not get a bit teary eyed myself.

On top of preschool starting this week, Samantha has her 15 month appointment. I can't believe she's already 15 months. She has such a personality! She is such a cuddly baby, but also so wild. She gets into things Emma never did (and I thought Emma was pretty bad at that age!). She loves doing everything her big sister does and she has quite a temper. She definitely isn't afraid to fight back, which these two do pretty often these days.

Samantha is SUCH a Daddy's girl! Honestly, I can yell at Sam not to do something (like pulling her sister's hair) and she just laughs as me and continues to keep it up. All Justin has to do is say, "Sam, no!" sternly and she bursts into tears and won't stop until Justin picks her up and consoles her. It's pretty ridiculous. :) And I've yet to hear her say my name, but I'm waiting patiently.

I'm most curious to compare Samantha to Emma's 15 month old stats because I don't think Sam is going to have much use for Emma's old clothes this season. Emma was such a tall but big child. Samantha's tall but so scrawny. I can barely keep anything on her waist. So I'm curious to see where she falls on the chart.

And this Friday, Justin and I go to my 20 week ultrasound and appointment to finally find out the sex of the baby! The anticipation has been agonizing. I just want to know already so I can start planning and calling the baby a him or her or by his or her name. We are so excited! I've had mixed feelings throughout this pregnancy: at first convinced it was a girl, then not sure, and now I feel boy. So who really knows at this point but the wait is almost over.

Okay, time to get things ready for the annual Romeo Peach Parade party at Aunt Julie's tomorrow! So excited for the girls to enjoy it!

0 comments: