Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Visit from Adelle!

Growing up, my cousin Adelle and I were inseperable. Unfortunately for me, she moved down south when we were kids, but always kept in touch. Last time I saw her, I was about 7 months pregnant with Emma...so I was so excited to hear that she was coming in town with her 3 kids and mom and dad!

Sunday we headed to my mom and dad's house to visit with them and the rest of my family. We had a ball playing with all the kids and it was so neat to see Emma running around with her cousins. I'm so glad she got to meet them!

Monday I decided to join my aunt, uncle, Adelle and her kids to Frankenmuth. Emma did fairly well considering she hardly napped. She was just so excited to have kids to entertain her!

Watching the clocks at Frankenmuth


Analiese, Emma, Audralyn, and Ashton

Eating at the Bavarian Inn: Adelle, Analiese, and Emma
Silly!

Audralyn, Ashton, Aunt Tonya, and Uncle Tim

Playing at the gift shops

After Frankenmuth, Emma took a short nap in the car and then we headed to an indoor waterpark. It was difficult to get pictures of all the things we did there because I was soaked (seriously I wasn't planning on getting that wet, but it couldn't be helped, water was falling from everywhere!). I took Emma on all the water slides and she loved them! The little kid one was super fast but short. Then I took her on the adult ones, after we climbed several stairs, me holding a tube and Emma! They were dark for the most part and Emma did not like that. There was a lazy river, little kid area, and a deeper part. She had a blast! She swam for 2 hours straight and was bummed to leave. Surprisingly she didn't even sleep the hour drive home!
In the little kid area

Hugging the turtle

Too big for the swings, but she liked playing with them
Kicking with Ashton

On to the next thing!

Cheese ball break

Smiling for a picture with Mommy

Tuesday we headed to the Detroit Zoo. Emma was somewhat crabby that day...but still did well considering no nap. We visited all the animals, some were out and some were hiding. Needless to say, there was alot of walking! However, Emma enjoyed seeing all the animals and making their appropriate noises. Thankfully she can usually pick out the small details, so although the animals were pretty far away, she still found them. After the zoo, we headed to the The Rochester Mill for dinner and back to my house for some Sander's Bumpy cake (a must for Adelle!). As Analiese was saying to her mom, "Mom, quit whining about the bumpy cake!" :) Haha! Too funny!
Watching the penguins

Some were swimming funny

Hanging out with the monkeys

The Polar Bear Exhibit

The polar bear was sitting on top of the underwater tunnel

Leaving her mark on the ice wall

Polar bears swimming

Big bear!

Taking a break

Eating dinner at The Mill

1 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like you all had a blast!! The water park looks like so much fun. Oh, and by the way, your aunt and uncle's house is freaking AMAZING!!!!!!!